Pryor Linder and Associates has experience completing behaviour assessments with:
- Individuals aged 2-60+ years
- Mild, moderate and severely behaviourally disordered
Typically developed and special populations including:
- Acquired Brain Injuries
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Developmentally Delayed
- Genetic Disorders
- Dual Diagnosis
At Pryor, Linder and Associates, we feel that is it necessary to complete a comprehensive behavioural assessment before offering treatment recommendations or developing behaviour change programs. By completing an assessment, we are better able to understand the client’s needs, understand why the client is engaging in the behaviour (also known as the “function”), and develop programs related to the function. This ensures that behavioural problems are addressed in a quick and safe manner.
All functional behaviour assessments (FBAs) include:
- Indirect assessment measures (interviews with families and caregivers,
- Completion of behavioural checklists and questionnaires),
- Descriptive assessments (collection and/or review of any existing behavioural data,
- Observation of the individual, analysis of any environmental variables that may contribute to, or maintain, the problem behaviour) and if applicable,
- A functional analogue assessment (FA), which tests and confirms the reasons why the individual is engaging in problem behaviour.
All behaviour assessments include a full behaviour assessment report (BAR) containing all of the information collected during the FBA, a formulation for why the individual is engaging in the behaviour(s) and recommendations for treatment and further consultation.
All behaviour assessments are completed and/or supervised by experienced Board Certified Behaviour Analysts (BCBAs)